Monroe, Christopher - Bice Zorn Professor
||2270 Physical Sciences Complex
- Experimental quantum information science
- Quantum computing and quantum siumulations with trapped atomic ions
- Quantum networks with atoms and photons
- Microfabricated atom trap structures
- "Onset of a Quantum Phase Transition with a Trapped Ion Quantum Simulator," R. Islam, E. E. Edwards, K. Kim, S. Korenblit, C. Noh, H. Carmichael, G.-D.Lin, L.-M. Duan, C.-C. Joseph Wang, J. K. Freericks, C. Monroe, Nature Communications 2, 377 (2011).
- "Ultrafast Gates for Single Atomic Qubits," W. C. Campbell, J. Mizrahi, Q. Quraishi, C. Senko, D. Hayes, D. Hucul, D. N. Matsukevich, P. Maunz, C. Monroe, Phys. Rev. Lett. 105, 090502 (2010).
- "Quantum Teleportation between Distant Matter Qubits," S. Olmschenk, D. N. Matsukevich, P. Maunz, D. Hayes, L.-M. Duan, and C. Monroe, Science 323, 486 (2009).
Centers & Institutes: Joint Quanatum Institute; Physics Frontier Center