AMO researchers explore some of the most exciting and hottest areas of physics. Among these are: laser cooling and trapping; quantum optics; atom optics; ultracold collisions; ultracold plasmas; quantum information; ion trap quantum computing and simulation; quantum-degenerate gases. Recent advances in these areas have opened so many new avenues of research in AMO that this field is one of the most rapidly expanding in all of physics.
- Laser Cooling & Trapping
- Quantum Optics & Francium Spectroscopy
- Quantum Optics & Strong Field Physics
- Intense Laser Matter Interactions
- Bose-Einstein Condensation and Ultracold Plasmas
- Trapped Ions and Quantum Information
Related Centers and Institutes: