The University of Maryland Physics Education Research Group is a combined effort of the Physics Department and School of Education. We study the learning and teaching of physics at the high school and university level. Graduate degrees may be earned in physics or in education.
- Cognitive modeling of student thinking and learning in physics
- Student understanding of mathematics use in physics
- Curriculum reform of physics for life science majors
- Interdisciplinary attitudes and coherence in science- Student reasoning in quantum mechanics
- How students in specially-designed classes develop community and identity as physics students and researchers
- Multiple aspects of K-16 engineering education
Research Group Website: www.physics.umd.edu/perg/